MVV Pendant LampDesigned by Marset
The MVV story begins in the 1970s. This new suspension lamp is a first, and was designed by Manuel Valls Vergés, one of Spain’s most notable architects at the time and partner of Jose Antonio Coderch for 15 years, alongside whom he undertook such prominent projects as the Ugalde house, near Barcelona. The MVV name reflects Vergés’ initials, as a way of displaying his authorship of this unique lamp. That was the desire of his grandson, also an architect, and of his partners in the Two-bo studio.
Marset, acting as a bridge in time, took the original design —an octagon with overlapping sheets— and updated it by giving it a dual skin: cherry wood on the outside of the sheets and a white colour inside to enhance the light quality. The measurements are the same as the original’s —18 inches— and the interior structure, which was originally made of iron, is now polycarbonate, which makes it lighter. Through the use of wood, the MVV yields an exceptionally warm light.
- 17.7"W x 10.6"H | Canopy: 4.3"Diameter x 1.4"H
- Black electrical cord: 6.6' long
- Hard wired
- Steel, gloss black polycarbonate, PET cherry wood
- E27 LED STANDARD 8W 2700K 742lm
- Bulb not included
- Please note: items take approximately 4-6 weeks for production & delivery. In stock items take approximately 1-2 weeks for delivery. We will reach out to you with an ETA when order is placed.
- This item requires signature at time of delivery